Carers Cost Cutting Guide – Shopping
- Look out for ‘yellow sticker’ products in supermarkets
- Explore smart shopping apps and websites, such as Olio and Too Good To Go
- Explore supermarket loyalty apps and cards as some offer discounts and promotions
- Iceland and The Food Warehouse offer a 10% pensioner discount on Tuesdays – just show your bus pass or driving licence!
- Explore natural cleaning techniques – eg. baking soda
- Refill stations in shops and products reduce wastage and the cost of packaging
- Explore family activities that don’t require the use of electricity, eg. board games, art, outdoor activities, etc.
- Second-hand clothing and accessories helps you find great items at affordable prices, eg. Depop, Vinted, Ebay, etc.