Alternate Nostril Breathing (Nadi Sodhan) is a simple but powerful balancing breath technique. It creates a deep sense of well-being and harmony on the physical, mental, and emotional levels. It can help with headaches, migraines, and other stress-related symptoms.
How to Alternate Nose Breathe
(as shown in the diagram above)
- Use the thumb of the right hand to close the right nostril and gently and fully inhale through the left nostril
- Then close the left nostril with your index finger and exhale through the right nostril
- Then inhale through the right nostril
- Close the right nostril and exhale through the left nostril
- Continue repeating, alternating nostrils after each inhalation for up to 5 minutes