Carers Cost Cutting Guide – Everyday Top Tips
- Don’t fill the bath all the way – this will use less hot water, and still be enough for a relaxing soak!
- Keeping your freezer full will help it to run more efficiently
- Only use your washing machine for a full load of laundry
- Washing temperatures on clothing tags are set at a maximum – you may be able to wash your clothes at a lower temperature
- Stick to the usage guidance on the detergent bottle
- Keep the gas flame under pots and pans when cooking on the gas hob – letting the flame rise up the side of the pot is using excess gas
- Batch cooking and freezing portions help to save food wastage and the amount of food being bought