Services - Protecting Vulnerable Adults
If you believe that someone is in need of urgent help to keep them safe, please contact the police on 101, or dial 999 in an emergency.
It is everyone’s business to help protect adults who may be at risk.
If you know someone who you believe is being harmed, please tell us so that we can help them to protect themselves.
You can report an adult at risk by calling the offices below:
- Clydebank area – 01389 811760
- Dumbarton area – 01389 776499
- Out of Hours (Glasgow and Partners Social Work Emergency Service) – 0300 343 1505
There are many ways that an adult may be harmed. These could be:
- Physically – by being injured or neglected
- Psychologically – by being made afraid or distressed
- Financially – their property or money may be taken without their agreement, knowledge or understanding
- Self-harm – they may hurt themselves by what they do or by not taking care of themselves
Further information on who is at risk and how to spot the signs is available on the Health and Social Care Partnership website.
Watch our Adult Support and Protection video below: